PSLE Maths Hacks – Art of Mastering Conversions
Test your knowledge
- Express 1.03 as a percentage
- Express 2.8% as a fraction in its simplest form
- What is 7.5% in decimal?
- Students do not know when to multiply or divide. Or rather, they make careless mistakes, claiming that they ‘saw’
- Complacency. Students think it’s very easy and refuses to do any annotations and as a result, lose their unnecessary marks.
(Having ‘Daddy Feeds Penguin’ helped students to remember easily when to multiply or divide)
- Penguin (Percentage) is the STAR! Whenever ‘Daddy’ feeds ‘Penguin’, it makes sense! Therefore the number gets bigger (by MULTIPLYING).
- Anything that gets TO PERCENTAGE should multiply
- Whenever ‘Penguin’ feeds ‘Daddy’, it does not make sense! Therefore the number gets smaller (by DIVIDING).
- Anything that gets OUT OF PERCENTAGE should divide.