The world’s is full of surprising living creatures that have their own strategies to survive and adapt in the wild. By having various adaptations, be it structural or behavioural, the animals have enabled the survival and continuity of its own species.
As you watch the video, take note of its adaptations and identify if it is structural or behavioural.
Adaptations of Regal Horned Lizard
- Sticky tongue – Structural adaptation to catch its prey
- Immune to ants’ venom – Structural adaptation to protect itself against prey
- Body of hard scales – Structural adaptation to protect itself against prey
- Thin blood capillaries underneath the lizard eyes that can rupture easily at will – Structural adaptation to escape from predator
- Squirt blood at predator: Behavioural adaptation to escape from predator
- Blood with anti-canine repellent property – Structural adaptation to escape from predator
Food chain that appears in video:
Fruit -> Ants -> Horned Lizard -> Coyote